Frequently asked questions
How long is the juicing equipment hire period?
24 hours (sometimes longer in exceptional circumstances)
We don't need too hire all the equipment - can we have a reduced rate?
Sadly not! The rate for full kit and part kit is the same.
I have a bore hole - will this affect performance of the hydropress?
It might be affected - mains pressure is required to operate the hydropress - a minimum of 1.5 bar is required.
Do you supply bottles?
Yes! We offer 75cl bottles + cap for 50p each on a sale/return basis. Please let us know your requirements at the earliest opportunity.
How much juice can I make from a standard sack of apples?
Different apple varieties have different juice content but the general rule is that 50% of the apple is juice content.
What can I do with the apple pomace (pulp)?
It makes excellent food for sheep and pigs or it is highly compostable.
How long will our juice keep for?
If you ensure pasteurisation is realised properly then your juice can keep for about one year
Where can we buy Juicing Equipment?
All our equipment comes from Vigo, Devon (www.vigoltd.com) - they have fantastic equipment and knowledge.
- Garden Apple I.D.
- Vigo Ltd - suppliers of all our juicing equipment
- Fallen Fruit: Mapping Orchard Decline in the Quantock Hills AONB - Dr.Marianna Dudley
- Sweet Pilgrimage: Two British Apple Growers in the Tian Shan
- Visibility&Co - Print and Web Design Studio, Wiveliscombe.
- Andrew Hobbs Photography - Wiveliscombe-based freelance photographer.